Monday, April 23, 2012

A to Z Challenge: Trust

Credit
The thing about going after your big dreams is that more often than not, your dreams become bigger than you are.

Take me, for instance. Once, my one dream was to write every day. Once I did that, it became to write a story. Then to finish one. Then to publish one. My novel isn't even out of edits and my dream turned into my books being widely read and loved. 

And that last part of my dream is bigger than me. Because I'll just admit that I have no idea how I'm going to manage it. 

And here's the thing. I won't. I can write every day. I can make my book as good as it possibly can be. But I can't make people like it. Which makes traditional publishing nearly impossible. Or having people like my book. I have absolutely no influence on public tastes. 

BUT God does. God wants us to do well. And He wants to bless us and our big dreams. All we have to do is follow His will and trust Him with them. 

There's no safer place for our dreams to be. After all, who gave them to you in the first place? 

Do you also struggle to trust God with your big dreams, sometimes? 

5 comments:

S.A. Larsenッ said...

I'm simply going to applaud you. ;D

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Trust is a most important part of living.

A most inspiring read,
Yvonne.

Anita said...

Thank you for a thought-provoking post! I nearly found my faith when I was in my late teens, but it freaked me out so much that I ignored the feeling until it went away. Sometimes I wonder if it's time to follow it up now.
I agree that trust in either yourself, your partner or God is so important. However, it can sometimes be hard to believe in :)

Jolie du Pre said...

Trusting in the Lord means trusting the Lord's plan for you. You have a big dream, but that doesn't mean it falls into what the Lord has planned for you. Everything happens for a reason.

Amanda Trought said...

I think the struggle also comes when we try and managed every part of the dream, just do your part,we don't have all the answers but nothing is impossible for God, with the 7 billion people around the world even if only 1% really wanted to buy your book that would be 70,000,000. There is a publisher out there willing to publish your book....(faith....mustard seed...) stay blessed, Amanda

Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
Art Blog