Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A to Z Challenge: Tests

By now, this is starting to sound like a refrain, but taking charge of our lives is never easy. If you're walking this road with God, you're going to deal with tests as well. He tests our faith, because based on our faith, He knows when we're ready for the challenges that come with the next part of our lives. This test of faith mainly takes two forms.

Firstly, there's obedience. He tells you to do something obscure, odd, difficult or impossible. You can choose whether or not you want to obey, but if you don't, you can bet two things. 1) You're going to stay where you are for a while longer and 2) You're going to take the test again.

Another test that God uses is on our patience. He tells us to wait. Or to make things a bit trickier, He makes us wait by not telling us anything at all. Our job is to keep strong in prayer while waiting for Him to give us the answer. The faster we cling to God in this difficult time, the better.

These tests can be hard at the time, but there's something wonderful about them. God gives us more than one chance. And when we do succeed, the rewards a bountiful blessings.

Unfortunately, though, I can't really say much more on this topic.  I can't really give advice, because how one makes these choices is highly personal. All I can do is ask you to keep what I told you in mind. It might help you to decide the right way when your next test comes up.

Oh and... one more thing. With your blessings, you'll get more tests for chances at more blessings.

Prayer


Lord, 

Thank You for giving me so many wonderful chances to grow as a person. I relish the chance to find out more about who I am and what You want me to do, but know that the tests aren't always easy. 

Please guide me, Lord. Please give me the discernment to know when You are testing me so that I can be fully prepared to do what I need to do. 

I pray this in Jesus's name. 

Amen.

2 comments:

Tyrean Martinson said...

I am so thankful that the Lord gives us more than one chance to follow His will in our lives. I've been in a patient waiting place for a while now, and it feels odd . . . either that or I've been blind to the chances that He's sending my way.

Sandy said...

It puzzles me, as I don't know that I'm waiting on an answer. People often talk about life being hard, it doesn't seem so to me. Difficulties, yes have had some painful ones dealing with loved ones; but was that a test? I don't know. I don't ask and so don't feel like I'm waiting for answers. Does that mean I'm easily driven or clueless?

Very thoughtful post.
A-Z