Friday, April 19, 2013

A to Z Challenge: Quitting

This might seem like an odd thing to write about for this series, but quitting could be an important component to taking charge of your life.

Sometimes, we do things that are important to us. Or that we think will bring us nearer to our goal. Except the longer we stay there, the unhappier we become.

Those times, it could be better for all around to just walk away. However, it's important to seek God's will first, as it might just be a test.

You'll know the difference, but rule of thumb is this. If you're coming home every day feeling like you're getting absolutely nowhere, wanting to literally cry because of the extreme frustration. If it feels as if you're running into closed doors everywhere, odds are God closed them. Which means you should be looking for another door. Maybe in another hallway.

Because this is often what it comes down to. God's will versus your will. You think you know what you need in your life. He knows. Wrestling with Him to get what you want might work, but I promise you it won't be all that you imagined it to be. One the other hand, His will leads you to better places than you could even have dreamed.

Personally, I prefer the latter above all, but I also know that saying the words "Your will be done" and meaning them are two different things. Because God's will can sometimes make life incredibly difficult. He's not about making things easy (although He does help). He's about building those who follow Him. Which means that you'll go through some difficult times in your life.

Like quitting when you don't know what you have to do next. Or staying when you really want to quit.

Prayer


Lord, 

Thank you for always being with me. I know that You know what a difficult time I'm going through right now. Please guide me through it. If I need to find a way out, please show me. If I need to stay, please give me the strength to do so. Please help me to see Your will and to obey it, Lord. 

In Jesus's name I pray. 

Amen.


5 comments:

Crystal Collier said...

Sometimes His will leads you into greater difficultly, so that you can grow. Often, it's only after the struggle we begin to understand the "why."

Andrew Leon said...

"Weren't you banished to Foodcourtia? Shouldn't you be...frying something?"
"Oh, I quit when I found out about this."
"You quit being banished?"

Sassy said...

Misha, This is an amazing post and so close to what I am going through in my life right now.
I am about to make a big decision that is positive but might give me negative results, not sure if that makes sense. but for so long I have been trying to avoid this decision, choice or what ever one would call it. Because, I know all to well how difficult things may become for me. Anyhow the situation is getting more and more challenging, leaving me to believe I must do what I have to do, for my peace of mind although it may leave me with a whole new set of challenges.

Madison:)

Jean said...

Absolutely. When things get rough you have to wonder if they're rough because they're not supposed to be where you are directing your energy. It seems like a lot of people make this realization when they finally find the person they are to be with.

Sue Elvis said...

God can take us on unimaginable adventures when we let Him be in charge, but as you said, it might not be easy! It does take a lot of courage to really want to follow God's will, but the rewards... Yes, we can't really be happy if we go our own way. Great post!

Thank you so much for visiting my blog. It was lovely to you to stop and say hello. Thank you for sharing my relic post even though you are not a Catholic. We may be of different religions but I am sure we still have lots in common!