Thursday, July 14, 2011

Dream Three

Sorry that I skipped yesterday. On Tuesday, I got hit by such a deep feeling of frustration/melancholy that I didn't know what to do with myself. So on the advice om some of my writing blogger friends, I took some time away from the Internet. In that time, I started with a new knitting project: a knee length cape.

I'm about quarter of the way through, and I think it's going to be beautiful. I'll share a pick when it's finished. 

Anyway... The feeling wouldn't quite go away, so I started thinking, and my thoughts turned to my three dreams, of which I've been neglecting one: My Clothing Label. 

So now I'm putting that into motion. I'll be starting VERY small, but I'm hoping that I'll be able to grow as I go along. 

But I must say, I already feel a lot better now for the fact that I made this decision. 

Anyone else took steps toward their dreams, lately? 




8 comments:

Theresa said...

All the best, my friend. Shout if you need some help!

Anonymous said...

I'm sending out my MS to freinds for review and feedback, then its off to my editor, so there is a major step to celebrate!

Suze said...

Keep trucking, Mish. Just keep truckin', love.

Tina said...

AND we both knit? I swear, with what I've just learned of you, we could be twins separated at birth. Math, writing, knitting. Just waiting to hear if you've broken any bones. (I have, four, and have had 11 surgeries because of it.) Although, even though I'm looking for things in common, I'd actually be happier if you haven't had orthopedic issues.
Can't wait to see your cape! I'm working on a baby blanket, ripple pattern in white. Four rows, only one with the pattern so I can do it comatose. Which is helpful during TV. Only problem is recipient had to go have an unplanned cesarean before I was done...Anyway, so excited to meet you! Is your clothing label your hand-knitted stuff? Please tell us more.
Tina @ Life is Good

mamtc said...

You know many tricks to spend time usefully.

C. N. Nevets said...

I have so many dreams it's hard to to take a step towards any one of them. We have an exercise in aikido where we step in eight directions (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJDOnAaU-q4).

For me to pursue my dreams, I would have to do all eight at once.

At least that's how it often feels.

Stina said...

Can't wait to see a picture of your cape. I used to knit. Haven't done it in a while.

I went to the RWA national conference recently, and learned tons to help me toward my goal. ;)

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm sorry you hit a rough patch.

I love capes. Can't wait to see a picture.

Right now, I'm stressed about finding a job.