Wednesday, June 8, 2011

A quick ramble and some news

Sorry that I didn't post on Monday.

I've finally started to revise my WiP and I'm singing in the choir for the pentecostal services, so I've been a little busy.

I got an e-mail from the people doing the casting of the role I wanted. Turns out I wasn't right for the role.

I was a bit disappointed, but soon realized that that now left me to sort out my education without having to wonder how I'll cope. So all in all, this was for the best.

So for now it's singing classes and writing, with a bit of knitting or sewing on the side. My classes start at the end of July. Then Economics for a few months. After that, I get my degree, hopefully query my book and take part in my first concert as soloist.

Strange to think, but those things that I think of as so far away really aren't. Half the year is almost gone and that didn't feel that long at all.

So what's news in your life?


5 comments:

SunnyToast said...

I guess everything happened for a reason. goodluck with your degree...and what new/new's in my life? check my blog..thanks:)

Claudia said...

Good answer from Sunny Toast, check my blog too :)

Susan Kane said...

Sorry about losing the role, but that means you will focus on getting that degree. And you can write more. All good things.
Summer is here, as you head into your winter. Summers are hard on migraines, so it means I will focus on writing and staying inside.

Suze said...

I'm glad the casting agents didn't take long to get back to you. It's better to know than to wait in limbos over which we have no control. You sound like you're 'bouncing back' from the news well, though.

Misha Gerrick said...

Hehehe Sunny, I'll pop over now.

Same answer, Claudia. :-)

Susan, that's the way I feel about it too. Everything happens for a reason. Good luck with the migraines!

Suze, I'm also grateful that they didn't keep me in suspense. I didn't really have to bounce back this time. I've been praying about it and got my answer. I don't want to be stuck crying about something that wasn't meant to be. :-)