Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Just a quick update

Today I thought I'd give you a quick update on my progress in taking charge of my life.

I'm mostly sticking to my scheduling and things are getting done. And the best part is that feeling good about this is making me even more efficient.

I'm not writing regularly at the moment because I don't seem to have anything major to write while I'm finishing the edits to Doorways. But I'm using the time I would have allotted for that to refill my creative reserves by reading and drawing.

I'm practicing guitar. I'm even exercising regularly again, which is making me feel really good. So good that I decided to tackle my weight again. So once my mother is back from the Netherlands, we're starting on the gym's suggested eating plan. It's not going to melt the fat off like some other diets do, but it's designed to keep the weight off without sentencing me to a lifetime of dieting.

And unlike certain diets that I'd followed, this one is designed to make it possible for me to continue exercising.

I'm pretty excited about that. Then I'm also planning to draw some more tonight. It will definitely be my most complex drawing to date, with lots of textures and shades, so I'll see how that turns out.

Hopefully, if I can squeeze in a bit of time, I'll do some reading as well. It's about time that I finished Sense and Sensibility.

That's me for today. What's going on in your life?

6 comments:

Leslie S. Rose said...

I've always wanted to play guitar but I have stubby little fingers that bump into each other when I try to finger the notes. *sigh* I still keep a sketch diary even though I haven't worked as a designer in years. Drawing is like a vacay in your own head.

Mike Keyton said...

Not writing - sometimes you need the time for the well to fill up - but not too long. It can run dry again from lack of use.

Cindy said...

I think editing counts as writing because after all..the editing has to get done. :)

Arlee Bird said...

It sounds like you are maintaining a good balance in your life and that's the most important step in scheduling I think. My life is still out of balance though I'm trying to work on that. It seems like there's always something coming up to throw a monkey wrench into the machinery to mess up my schedule. I'm trying to get a grip though.
Keep up the good work, Misha.


Lee
A Faraway View
An A to Z Co-host blog

DL Hammons said...

I'm REALLY looking forward to the weekend because that's my prime writing time! :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

It sounds like you are doing well. I justbought The Skinny rules by Bob Harper. I'M anxious to read it. I'm back to the gym too, after having company... Keep up the good work!