Monday, May 23, 2011

It's Working! (And it might work for you too.)

I lost 2.2 pounds last week! And without forcing myself away from the foods I love. All I did was to start choosing what I needed vs. what I wanted and started to cut back on my portions.

I haven't even felt hungry except for the time I ate two hours later after a 40 minute hill walk. I really like the way this diet works. It's as if I'm choosing better foods just because I'm aware of what I've been stuffing into my mouth before - and how much.

Speaking of how much, I should say that the first few days is a bit of a pain, because I had to measure every. damned. thing.

But, while I still measure everything (guessing portions are dangerous with high-calorie foods) it's become a habit and it's giving me a sense of control. I am aware of how much I'm eating, so I can decide whether I really want/need that much food as well as helping me to measure whether something is worth its calories.

I've done calorie counting before, but ended up failing because I couldn't find a way to easily work out how much of what I'm eating. The site I joined solves it all for me. There are lists both for food and for exercise, conversions, stats to keep track of my progress, forums to chat with other dieters, articles to motivate and on and on and on.

The only down-side is that I'm paying for it. Still, given how much I've spent on special foods and tablets before, I think that it's a good investment.

If you want to check out the site, go to http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk. The first day is free, so you can check out how the website works. I took 45 minutes to realize that it was what I've been looking for. So feel free to check it out. If you do decide to join, let me know and we can buddy up! ^_^

1 comment:

Shah Wharton said...

Well done on the weightloss - sounds great. I could do with losing a little meat around my middle - just so I look a little better in my more fitted outfits which sit lonely and forgotten on their pegs in the wardrobes. I don't eat much, but I don't exercise at all which is my down-fall!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Shah at Monday Madness/Wordsinsync