Today I'm taking part in two blogfests. The first is this, the Bloghop of Joy. One my other blog, I'm taking part in the Back From the Future blogfest.
But back to the Bloghop of Joy. This blogfest is intended to be a celebration of joy and what makes us joyful. Since I'm all for counting blessings, I'll list the top ten things (in no particular order) that give me joy.
1) Creation. I just feel incredibly happy whenever I create. Usually it takes the form of writing, but on occasion I paint and explore other creative pursuits (like knitting) as well.
2) Helping others. This sounds REALLY sappy. I know. But the fact is, I love helping people understand things. From critting a novel, to helping with queries, to helping someone new to the faith understand God a little better. In fact, I probably love doing the latter above all.
3) A moment of kindness from others. Not necessarily towards me.
4) Laughing children.
5) A moment of surprising beauty. Especially captured on my camera. I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but sometimes, it's not the planned shot that come out most beautiful. I adore those surprising photos that just come out of nowhere. Also, sometimes, something just changes in the light, or something else tiny changes that makes something you see astoundingly beautiful. Those moments always make me smile.
6) Having a good time with my family.
7) A dog's unconditional love.
8) Walking into a church and feeling God's presence.
9) Learning something new.
10) Music. I love when a beautiful voice starts singing out of nowhere, but most of all, I love singing.
What gives you joy?