Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Berlin Churches

Sorry for not posting on Monday. Time just ran away from me. As promised, here are some pictures of St. Mary's and the Berliner Dom. I only picked a few so you could get a sense of what it's like inside. Basically the them is: View from the entry, interesting feature (pulpit for St. Mary's, the glasswork dome for the Berliner Dom.) and an organ. Because it's the order I visited them in, St. Mary's is first. 




Isn't this the most beautiful organ? 



 
As I hope you can see, everything about the Berliner Dom is huge. I couldn't help feeling a sense of awe as I stood there. And a sense of gratitude that I had bought a very good camera earlier that week. Without it, I would never have managed to take such good photos, because flashes aren't allowed in either church. 

Hope you enjoyed my pictures! 

20 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

European churches are beautiful. I enjoyed exploring the ones in England and Scotland many years ago.

Unknown said...

Stunning! :-)

Unknown said...

Spectacular! Absolutely spectacular!

Unknown said...

I love architecture like this. It's inspiring not only in its beauty but in its genius of design. It delights the aesthetics and the intellect.

So glad you pointed out this blog in your other blog. I love posts that are a bit more personal and show the writing instead of just telling it. So glad to be here!

D.G. Hudson said...

I loved your photos. We had to take pix without flash in Paris too. In the Museum Carnavalet which has items from the French Revolution, we couldn't use flash, so I used manual settings. I like architecture, and scenic photos are always welcome.

Michelle Wallace said...

What a beautiful church! The architectural details are stunning!

Annalisa Crawford said...

Beautiful!

Elise Fallson said...

Beautiful pictures. I like that despite the Gothic style, the atmosphere still looks bright and welcoming. Not like the dark/gloomy feel that I've seen in many French churches.

Unknown said...

That organ is just fantastic.

Christina Lee said...

Those are...magnificent!

Misha Gerrick said...

I've never been to Scotland, but England does have beautiful churches.

Misha Gerrick said...

Glad you liked it. ;-)

Misha Gerrick said...

Thank you. I really miss it there.

Misha Gerrick said...

I agree with you on the architecture.

Glad that you like this blog. I used to do both on MFB, but towards the end of my time at university, my life became a bit too big to fit onto a writing blog and my writing became too big to fit onto a life blog. So I split them. ^_^

Misha Gerrick said...

My luck is that I bought a camera with a excellent standard night photo and smart shoot settings. I used the former in the Berliner Dom and the latter in St. Mary's.

Then I lightly edited the photos to clearly show what I saw.

So yeah... needless to say, I adore my Nikon.

Misha Gerrick said...

Yeah I loved staring at the detail. Good thing too, because both churches had LOTS!

Misha Gerrick said...

Glad you liked the photos. :-)

Misha Gerrick said...

I also liked that. I love vaulted ceilings and painted glass, but not gloom. :-)

Misha Gerrick said...

Yeah I adore it.

Misha Gerrick said...

Glad you liked the pics. :-)