Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas weekend.

Mine was an interesting mix of our family traditions and those of our guest. Everyone enjoyed giving out presents and receiving gifts. 

Mine were awesome: Chocolate, an antique jewelry box and some jewelry (including an amber ring!).

Still, when it was time for me to turn in, I read a few chapters of Matthew, since that's what Christmas is really about. 

Yes, the gifts are good. Being with family is great.

But knowing that our Savior was born a few thousand years ago is priceless. It's always wonderful for me to remember that, since it's something that does get forgotten in all the activities that go along with the season. 

Do you also read about the birth of Jesus over Christmas time? 

3 comments:

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

OMgoodness this was the first Christmas we forgot to read the Christmas story and The Night Before Christmas...We spent Christmas Eve with some friends who have little ones. It is such a blessing to be a part of their Christmas Eve traditions.

I hope you have a wonderful 2012, Misha!

Belle said...

Your post reminded me of what I was reading this morning. Peter is talking about how Jesus came down and saved us and said, "These are things that even the angels desire to look into." 1 Peter 1:12

I do think of Jesus' birth at Christmas. I am so glad he loved us that much to leave heaven and live and die here. It is amazing grace.

Tomz said...

Hello,

a first timer here..nice to meet u..glad that u had a wonderful christmas..wishing you happy christmas and new year wishes

Tomz
www.vanitymoments.com