Friday, March 23, 2012

A small realization

Things are going a little crazy on my side. I entered both my blogs into the A to Z Challenge, so I'm busy preparing for it, but on Wednesday, when I started writing the posts, a cold/flu or something hit me with the strength of a freight train. 

So here I am. Writing this post from bed. Ugh. 

Anyway, things are a bit more quiet, since most of my activities went on break for the holidays, including my singing. 

In that way, the cold couldn't have been better timed. I only missed one lesson and I'll get a chance for my voice to recover. 

Still, it's not really making getting back on track all that easy. But I will not complain about this any more. 

See, speaking to one of my closest bloggy friends, she asked me something that reminded me of something I take for granted.  

I'm happy. Sure, there are some serious down moments. But it all pales to insignificance when I realize how blessed I am. I have my family and friends. I have a home. I have a future. I have my dreams, and the ability to follow them. I have you all. I have God. 

What more could I want? 

When was the last time you counted your blessings? If it's been a while, feel welcome to count here. X

6 comments:

Claudia Moser said...

Do take care, speedy recovery!

Geoff Maritz said...

What more could you want? A box of tissues maybe. He, he, he. Me too, very blessed.
52 posts, hmm. Make two lists from a to z. One word per letter, one theme per word, one short post per theme. Done. Sounds so easy doesn't it :)
I'm going to try with just one list of 26 letters, your task is going to take a little more effort but, knowing you, it'll all come together just fine.
Get well soon my Southern friend, Geoff.

Mike Keyton said...

It's what I tell my children when they're down. 'Breathe slowly and realize what a miracle you are.' Mind you, if you have a cold, that's a tad difficult : ) But colds go and its good to have something to look forward to

Deniz Bevan said...

Hope you feel better soon! I'm happy I've got all day today for advance blogging for the A-Z!

Old Kitty said...

Oh I am so sorry you're not feeling too well! Hope you continue to rest, rest, rest!! Hope too that spring will revive your spirits - cos it's absolutely beautiful now (Sunday in London)! Sun shining, blue skies and my seedlings are peeking out of my pots and new growth are sprouting on my older plants - and there was a gorgeous dawn chorus of birds earlier - so all is just lovely!! So I would say today I feel very blessed to be able to enjoy this weather and all the new growth! Take care
x

Nas said...

Get well soon! Looking forward to reading your posts!