Friday, December 7, 2012

Painting again

Mmm... now I feel happy.

It's funny. After doing NaNo in November, I thought I'd spoil myself and do nothing substantial in December.

It rested me, I guess, but it just felt like I'm wasting time, which prevented my full enjoyment of my relaxing time.

Today, though, I finally had time (and the light) required to work on my grandmother's Christmas present. Remember the beach scene I mentioned before?

It's now really starting to look the way I envisaged it. Especially the two figures forming my focal points. I had the devil of a time with some hues and with the figures' arms, but it's such a satisfying feeling to see them coming right.

All in all, the painting has really been performing well. So much so that I hope that all of my landscapes go this well.

And of course, that I don't mess it up in the home stretch.

Anyone else doing any visual arts? Or making Christmas presents?

3 comments:

DL Hammons said...

No visual arts for me...and most of my Christmas presents are bought on-line. I do listen to lots and lots of music to unwind though. :)

Annalisa Crawford said...

I wish I could paint - it must be amazing to see the picture forming the way you imagine it. My husband's grandmother gave us a beautiful lake scene she'd painted and it will always take pride of place! I find if I don't plan to work, that's when my best stuff happens - you just get yourself into a different zone.

Mike Keyton said...

I loved painting when I was younger. I gave all my paintings to my girlfriend, and then we split up. I stopped painting shortly after