Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Back to the gym I go.

Yesterday, I went back to the gym for the first time in about three months. Yeah, I know December is an odd time to start gymming, but I have to go to Berlin in February and want to start fencing in January, so I don't want to be huffing and puffing then.

Well. I really regretted that I stopped at all. Yes, it's a pain to gym. But I got used to a certain level of fitness while I was at university. Now, though, I'm not even close to it. And I hate it.

I have to start rebuilding all over again. I have to take baby steps. It's terrible. Even worse than before.

Still, when I finished yesterday, I felt good. Like I'd done myself a really big favor.

And I had. Now I just need to keep doing it.

But yeah, this is definitely a goal I'll be working towards this December and in the coming year. I want to be more active. Even if it means taking a walk in the morning, that's what I need to do.

Anyone else trying to be more active this month?

2 comments:

Annalisa Crawford said...

Yay! As a gym instructor I think December is a great time to get back to the gym - it means you'll be back in the routine before it gets disrupted, which means you'll try your best to get straight back on it after Christmas!

Marianne (Mare) Baker Ball said...

You sound like me. I get to the gym in fits and starts. I hate it! I used to run, and stayed in great shape, but then I slipped a disc and needed back surgery. Impact exercise is now out for good. So, I walk or bike, do a lot of stretching. The body is a burden!