Friday, September 4, 2015

Battle of the Bulge, Week 2 Update

It's Friday again, which means it's time to let you know how I'm doing on my weight loss efforts. This week, it feels like the scale is lying to me. According to the scale, I only lost 200g (7oz) all week, but from the photo, it's clear that it doesn't make sense. 





For one thing, I now have a middle, and my stomach is flat. So I don't think all that can only be 200g. 

I suspect the cause might be water retention, so this week I'll be trying to eat food that prevents this like cucumber, yogurt and salad. 

In the meantime, I'm still struggling with what might or might not be flu. So far, I'm not showing most of the symptoms in my family, but I have been going through bouts of sore throat and achy body, so I don't really want to risk exercise. 

Hopefully this goes away soon, though, because I'm really looking forward to being more active. 

Anyone else with some health goals? How are you doing?

7 comments:

Carolina G. Ticala said...

great post!!We could follow each other ???....Let me know,and i follow you too!!!now i follow you on gfc ,i hope you follow me back!!kiss

Blogoratti said...

Keep up the good work and I do wish you the best with your goals. Sorry about the struggle, hope you get some rest over the weekend.

Murees Dupè said...

You look great, Misha. Have you been to the doctor yet? I started dancing as a form of exercise. It is slow going, but I am determined to keep up the exercise. Thank you for inspiring me.

Frustratedmama said...

Well, mine is to eat and not have intestinal pain. Dinners now consist of yogurt, protien shake, or soup. If I'm at work, I literally have to rush through dinner break so i'm better off eating soft things.

And yes, pay attention to inches and not your scale.

Toi Thomas said...

Looking good. Inches, or lack there of, stand out more than weight. Keep up the good work.

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Scales can make you crazy! For me, the amount of sleep or lack there of shows up on the scales. It can range up to five pounds! It makes me crazy!!!! Good job on all of your hard work. I'm doing a lot of walking. I have a fitbit and I love it. :)

Misha Gerrick said...

Hi Carolina, I am following you on Bloglovin. Thanks for stopping by!

Thanks, Blogoratti.

Dancing is a great exercise, Murees. I'd love to start dancing again, but unfortunately I'm too far away from anywhere that offers classes.

Shelly, that sounds like a tricky goal to achieve. Best of luck!

Thanks Toinette!

Sharon I agree. It sucks that scales are the only easy way to track progress, because almost anything can throw them off.